Sunday, July 4, 2010

Days 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, & 20 ... and 21. (PART THREE)

Part three of the post.







One great thing about Yellowstone is that people come from all over to see it. The parking lot outside Old Faithful was a treasure trove of exotic licence plates. I'll put all the pictures I have taken of license plates since my last post at the very end of this post. Mom, if you could do me a huge favor and make me an excel sheet of all the states I have and don't have, and then email it to me, that would be great. Thanks. Sorry for not calling much. I called a few times and it went straight to voicemail.

Here is a picture of my foot. I don't know why I have this:


When we got back we had pizza for lunch and Arby's for dinner. That night it rained real hard, and at about midnight lightning struck very close by the school and it started to hail really hard. It woke pretty much everyone up. It was really cool.

Day 18:
We rode from West Yellowstone to Jackson, Wyoming. We actually racked a fair distance because we couldn't ride over a really high, steep, curvy, dangerous pass, and ended up driving in to Wyoming from our rack point somewhere in Idaho, right on the border. Here are some pictures of the top of the pass:














This is Andrew Brendle; he took the pictures of me an then took this:




We had a practice arrival because Wes's family was there visiting. It was pretty cool. We paired up and got into two big pacelines and rode in traffic through town. We stopped in the middle of this little park, which was weird but cool, because there were tons of people there but only about four who knew who we were and what we were doing.

I had my first fall of the trip right after the arrival. I was going about a mile per hour and tried to hop up onto a curb, but I was holding my plastic clip covers in my hands and thus could not pull my bike up in time. I rode straight into the curb and flopped over. No damage to the bike, I just have no street cred in Jackson, Wyoming anymore.

Anywho, we dropped our bikes off at a house belonging to the lady who sponsored our team event that afternoon, a tram ride up to the top of one of the mountains at Jackson Hole ski resort. It was really cool. The view was absolutely spectacular. The we went up to about 10,500 feet, and we were still in our biking jerseys and shorts. It was a little bit cold, but definately worth the trip. On our way back down the tram I saw another female moose. Here are some pictures:






No comments:

Post a Comment