Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 24

Day 24
Wheatland, Wyoming

I don't remember everything because it's now the 22nd of July as I am writing this. The same goes for every post following this up until day 31.

The day was super windy. We had to tilt at ridiculous sideways angles as we battled a sidewind from Casper to Wheatland, Wyoming, about 125 miles. It was supposed to be our longest day, but the wind prevented us from making rack point. The whole team was racked. We rode farther than 125 a week and a half later.

We stayed at wheatland middle school. For dinner we met with the cattlewomen again. They cooked us BBQ beef sandwhiches and fried chicken (Alex doesn't eat beef...) and fruit and caramel bars and other good stuff. We had to drive miles down a windy (wine dee not win dee) country dirt road to get to the house where we ate. I was nestled amonst a group of tall trees that stood out clearly from the vast expanse of grazing lands that surrounded it. The owners told me that the trees were planted over a hundred years ago by their ancestors.

I don't remember a ton about this day in particular. I should have been more diligent about keeping up with my posts.

I don't know if these two pictures are from this day or the next, but here they are:


This is James, Kyle, Mike, and Kenny at a crew stop:


- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment